Monday, October 27, 2008

The children of the ruins part 2

Hey come on... I can't just let the poor guy lie there half dead right? I'm a little tired of the KH story at the moment. So... let's do this. Hah. I would probably stop at half a chapter first though. Yes, decided on girl's name.

The children of the ruins (part 2)

"Arghh......" The boy groaned as he fought to open his eyelids. At first, the images were blurred, but soon after that his eyes begun to adjust to the place.

"Where am I?" The boy wondered as he glanced around. He saw a room of some sort, a makeshift shelter of wood, concrete and others to form a round, place that sheltered people from the sun. He could see an opening at the top part of the makeshift room, leaving the sunlight streaming through it. He tried to get up, but failed to do so. In his attempt to do so, he heard a voice.

"You awake already? Don't get up, you'll hurt yourself. "

The voice was cold and yet gentle. He turned and looked, to see a skinny figure dropping in from the hole in the ceiling. She was sort of lightly tanned, and was a child of about 14 years old. She had black, ebony hair that was cropped short like a boy's. The most stunning feature was her eye, which was deep sea blue, with a touch of sapphire. Her other eye was hidden away by a black eye patch. What she wore was a loose white singlet barely covering her stomach with a pair of light brownish shorts.

"Who are you? Where am I?" He questioned the girl, his voice husky from thirst. The girl stared at him in disdain as she started answering his questions one by one...

"I am a person living in the ruins. I happened to pick you up on my way hunting. This is my house. You have been lying here for two weeks already."

He struggled to move, but the arm in his shoulder caused him to give up his futile attempt.

"Don't even try. " The girl severely warned him. ("Too late" he thought) "The pain is going to stay there for some time. You would just have to get used to it. I need a name to refer to you as. What's your name?"

"My name? I'm not sure. Who am I?"

The girl just stared with disbelieving eyes. It was bad enough that she had an injured guy in the house, but a memory-wiped-cleaned, injured guy was......

"Perhaps it's better that you forgot." The girl said softly, as if to herself. Her eye was sort of hazy, as though she was staring into the horizon. Eyes that show none of the child's youth, but rather, wisdom and acknowledgment. "You need a name. What shall I call you? You can start anew here. "

The boy pondered a few moments, before claiming : "You can call me Kyle then. What's your name?"

The girl hesitated, before a hint of a smile begun to appear on her face.

"My name is Sabine. Nice to meet you."


End


Author's comments: The start of an unusual friendship! What will happen next? Yes, the poor boy has memory loss. Don't worry, he'll remember in time. In case you don't understand, the guy has a missing arm. The girl is has a missing eye. Most of the children who lives in the ruins are like this. After all, they got injured in battle, then thrown out by the army and country for them to die. (The army doesn't have enough medical supplies for all the injured. So when human manpower are easy to get, they don't waste money on 'unnecessary' stuff) I'm sort of happy right now cause I finished another chapter and my homework only left a little to finish for the day. Yay! Any questions?

1 comment:

  1. T^T!! man that was nice..but...KYLE? what an innocent sounding name..(kinda' reminds me of south park though...XD!) Sabine is such a middle-eastern name(COOL) nice work! good luck on your next chapter! ^.~*

    ReplyDelete